Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Moeder's Biscuits

These shortbread style biscuits are affectionately known in my family as Moeder's Biscuits.  For me, I associate them with a warm Dutch farmhouse kitchen and my Grandmother's (Moeder)  blue chenille dressing gown.  My sister and I would eat them still warm from the oven, cooked by Moeder using her farm churned butter milked from my Grandfather's cows.  (Sorry, Suz you weren't born then!)   Over the years my mother also made these biscuits and they filled many hungry tummy's after school.

4 cups plain flour
2 cups sugar
285 g soft butter

Cream butter and sugar till light and creamy
Add flour and beat gently till combined
Roll into large teaspoon size balls and place on oven tray
Use a fork dipped in sugar and press down to flatten balls
Bake at 177c for about 20 minutes or lightly golden

No comments:

Post a Comment